Born and raised in the small city of Newport Vermont and I am bi-lingual
in English and French.
computer and Networking Services May 20003 to Present day - Owner
· Repaired and upgraded computers in customers homes. Provided support and educational services.
2004 to August 2004 – Cable Installer
Climbed utility poles with gaffing hooks and installed new cable
across roadways to cables lines.
Installed High Speed Internet and digital video set top boxes in
residential and commercial buildings.
Removed Spy-ware software and Trojan horses and virus from
2003 to December 2003 Vanmar properties in Milner GA – IT Person
· Sole IT person, errand runner. Created web page for company. Setup wireless network to supply neighbors with Internet.
October 17th, 2001 to March
2003 Calix Networks @ Nagog Park in Acton MA
Laboratory Technician initially a
contract position and subsequently converted to Full Time
· Performed all duties of Lab Manager: Constructed ESD safe electronics / software platform / IP video research and development laboratory from ground up. Including assembly and population of 17” industrial equipment rack and ladder support rack with fiber race way an patch panel. Installed 96 node fiber optic lab network. Performed professional fiber installation with no errors. Populated laboratory with several pieces of test equipment and supported several engineers with use of this equipment. Spent close to $1,000,000 on laboratory.
· Aided in the development of Gigabit and Fast Ethernet, and IP resource circuit boards. Reworked and debugged these circuit boards. Programmed FPGA’s and flash programmed GAP ASIC boot code. Tested these circuit boards with network test equipment.
· Purchased capital equipment, procured lab supplies and circuit board component replacements.
· Built and operated Minerva and Video Tele IP television head end equipment as well as set top boxes in support of channel changing circuit board development.
· Supported various engineers in the laboratory environment.
· Installed various communication and test equipment.
· Challenged company ESD policy and effected company wide behavioral changes to maintain circuit board integrity.
January 2003 – April 2004
CHET HERGET Landscaping and
SNOWPLOWING, Westford MA
Performed commercial snowplowing at technology companies for Chet Herget.
Also snowplowed private resident driveways.
1, 2001 – October 17, 2001
Medium Term Contract Phoenix
Science and Technology
North Chelmsford MA
· Performing various tasks of an Electro-Mechanical Technician. Worked on prototype sonic buoy for government use.
26-28, 2001 Short Term Fill In Contract Instrumentation
Laboratory - Lexington MA.
· Filled in for sick lab technician on short notice.
· Performed SMT rework and assembly in support of engineers in lab.
2000 – May 2001 Brix
Networks Inc. Chelmsford,
· Contributed heavily to “Start-Up” team environment.
· Created symbols for CAD development. Performed schematic entry. Sourced manufactures datasheets for HW design and procurement.
· Procured several hundred thousand dollars worth of electronic components for prototype PCB builds. Worked closely with vendors to receive components on time for builds in context with a very aggressive schedule. Maintained large spreadsheet to track delivery of components.
· Co-coordinated with contract assembly manufactures to build prototypes. Kitted components for PCB manufacture.
· Modified PCBs as per engineer’s instructions. Wired and affixed test fixtures and assemblies. Performed all SMT rework and assembly for company.
· Build Hardware lab from ground up. Includes ESD floor waxing, test equipment purchasing, component organization and inventory in locked cabinets. Ordered supplies, tools, and spare parts for lab. Lab organization and maintenance. Cleaned up after engineers. Functioned as virtual lab manager.
· Wrote formal HW LAB ESD awareness and test procedure document.
· Used network testing equipment to capture data packets on network. (IXIA, SMARTBITS)
· Performed DVT on electronic circuit board.
· Supported engineering team and worked with other parts of the company to develop and ship product.
· Used AGILE engineering development database to look up component part numbers and manufactures information.
Ascend Communications / Lucent
· Performed schematic capture and symbol development on multi-layer hierarchical schematics. Met with Vendors to compare and decide on component sources
· Documented PCB development including: Sourced manufactures parts into the product development database. Writing ECO’s to fabricate prototype products, rework existing prototypes, release developed product. Produced BOM’s and worked with CAD tools to produce product.
· Worked closely with ASIC’s, FPGA’s and PLD’s. Programmed logic ISP on PCB.
· Received and Managed, debugged, troubleshooted, reworked, modified, performed diagnostics and repaired up to 30,000 plus net prototype PCB’s. Obtained and organized spare parts for lab. Performed Largest HVT on largest board in company. Verified signal integrity on clocks, data, address control waveforms. Maintained large PCB revision status prototype management database.
· Performed diagnostic routines on and Integrated a 64k VC ATM BIO2 into a GX-550 ATM smart switch.
· Built Several Racks of ATM and Frame Relay switches. Strung cabling and optical fiber to link switches over local area. Performed system level margin testing on ATM BIO2 and GX-550 Smart-Switch under extreme thermal conditions. Participated in HALT and EMI Testing on the GX-550.
Supported a large engineering team and coordinated with other departments to support the prototypes for them to write software for the ATM BIO.
Summer 1997 Greenfield Industries Lyndonville, VT
· Engineering Intern / Computer Technician
· Built computers from scratch for the company.
· Administered networked computers.
· Transcribed large machine drawings.
1997-1998 Vermont Technical College Randolph Center, VT
Work-study Lab Assistant
· Built entire laboratory LAN.
· Maintained lab computers and software installation.
· Facilitated several lab experiment setups.
1996-1998 Vermont Technical College Randolph Center, VT
· Member of the VTC I-EEE Club, VTC^3 Computer Club, Video Club.
AS EEET Degree pending elective course completion.
Computer building and networking, video capture, start-up companies, telecommunications, large outdoor wireless networks.